Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Uruguay= BEST weekend of my LIFE

So this weekend I went to Uruguay with my Argentine family, and with a lot of people from the Almagro ward. Uruguay is know for their beautiful beaches, did I go to the beach? NO!! I went somewhere even better, the temple!!
We went by boat to Uruguay, so we met at the dock at 9:30, and the boat left at 11pm. It is about 3 hours in boat, and then another 2 hours in bus. It was a pretty fun trip, we slept most of the way, and we got to the hostel at the temple and didn't have much time to get ready before the first session of the day.
I'm glad I didn't have to wait very long, I was so anxious about this session, there were 4 people from Almagro going for the first time, my brother who is waiting for his mission call, Fernanda, one of my converts, and her husband who was baptized a few months before I got to that area, and his mom, who was baptized with him. I'm really close to them, and I was so emotional about being there for them. I always told them I would come for their sealing and stuff like that, but I never actually thought that dream would come true. From the moment Fernanda walked into the temple session I was an emotional wreck, I cried almost the whole time. As a missionary, this is something you pray and dream about, seeing your converts in the temple, I couldn't believe I was actually living that!! It was a very special time in the temple, and as soon as that was over they took us to the sealing room where Fernanda and Claudio were sealed for time and all eternity!! Needless to say I was a mess during that too!!
After the temple we went outside, I took pics with the Feresin family, and then they went to go eat lunch, and I stayed to take pics with Fernanda and Claudio.
She had borrowed a wedding dress from a friend and so we had fun taking wedding pics!! Even though they have been married for years, it was so amazing to see how much in love they were and everything.
Their story is amazing, when he found the church they were seperated and working on their divorce papers, he started listening to the missionaries, changed his life around, asked forgiveness from Fernanda, and she saw how much he had been changing and asked for a book of mormon and started reading it, he was baptized and then she asked to see the missionaries, that is when I got to the area, she was baptised, in fact he was the one that baptized her, and now they are back together!! The gospel changes lives and brings people together!!

The rest of the weekend was really sweet, we did more temple sessions, Saturday Claudio's mom was sealed to her husband who passed away a while ago, and then Claudio was sealed to his mom, it was really sweet! All in all, a great weekend!! I'm going back in Feb because another one of my converts is planning on going then! I'm so blessed and so happy to be here right now!!
We headed back home on Saturday afternoon, the bus we were on broke down and we had to wait for another one, and we got to the dock with just a few minutes to spare!! The trip home was a bit more of an adventure, the way there the boat was really smooth, no problems, the way home the boat was rocking so much, a lot of people got sick, luckily I don't ever get motion sick, but even I was feeling a little off!!

WE made it back safely and I enjoyed sunday, was able to teach the investigators sunday school, and then I had lunch with the missionaries at one of the members house!
All in all a FANTASTIC weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment