Monday, January 10, 2011

First Day of Internship... NOT!!

Well today was supposed to be my first day at my internship, I was all excited to start and really see what exactly it is I'm going to be doing, because everyone has been asking me exactly what I'm doing, and well to be honest... I have no idea!!

Well I woke up bright and early at 11am to get ready to leave by 2! HAHA gotta love Argentine schedules! Well I woke up got ready, with the help of Daniela figured out which colectivo (bus) I needed to take to get me there, mama Ofelia was all worried about me going by myself, and offered to have Daniela come with me, but they had to go out and run some errands because they are cooking lunch for zone conference tomorrow. They didn't get back in time, so I went ahead and left by myself. The directions Dani gave me seemed pretty simple so I wasn't too nervous! Well I made it perfectly! I'm always so surprised at how easily I can find my way around the city!! I used to be so bad about directions and stuff, but now I'm way canchera, it is way easy for me to figure out directions now!!

So I got there and there was one other girl already there, she is from Indiana!! Crazy!! Well one other girl came, and instead of working today like I thought I would, it was just an orientation of how Buenos Aires is. How to use the bus systems, subways, and how to travel around the city, what parts to avoid. Basically I didn't learn anything new!! I did get a cell phone, which was nice... and they gave me a backpack with city maps, and a few passes to go try a few things out for free... one pass I might actually use is I have 2 passes to take a tango class... who knows maybe I'll take a friend and go check out tango!! The orientation wore me out, it was all in English, which surprisingly after only 2 weeks in argentina listening to English for a couple of hours gave me a huge headache, and wiped me out for the whole day!

After the orientation they told me I don't start until next monday!! And next monday will be just another orientation, but an orientation for my actual internship, and then after monday I can actually start to work! It is nice though because I can now help with serving the missionaries lunch at zone conference tomorrow, and then I'm going to Uruguay this weekend to go to the temple! Should be a pretty good week!!

Hopefully next week will be a good week too, I'm anxious to start my internship!!

No comments:

Post a Comment