Friday, January 21, 2011

Finally I have begun!!

Well Wednesday I finally started my volunteer program, it was a lot of fun, we had a birthday party for all the kids who had birthdays in January, and it happened to be my brothers birthday that day too!! We played with the kids, and then sang happy birthday and gave them all a piece of cake. I had a ton of fun because I love working with kids, and these kids are all just really sweet. The other volunteers are a lot of fun too, even though almost none of them speak Spanish, on Wednesday I was the only one who actually speaks Spanish well, and yesterday there was one other volunteer that spoke Spanish really well! So I get a big headache because all the volunteers are speaking English and I'm thinking in Spanish. Also I have to really pay attention when they are speaking in English because none of them are from the states, they are all from different countries so have really thick accents, for example here are a few of the countries the other volunteers are from: England, Wales, Australia, Germany, Norway, and Estonia. I'm sure there are other countries I just can't think of them right now!

I'm loving my time here!! Also yesterday my Argentine brother got his mission call, he wanted to go anywhere except Bolivia, Peru or Chile... his mission call is Chile, Santiago North!! He is still pretty excited, the only thing he is upset about is he doesn't leave until almost the end of May!!

Welp other than the heat, I'm loving my life here in Argentina!! Can life get any better than this? I submit that it cannot!!

No comments:

Post a Comment