Monday, January 31, 2011

DREAMS COMING TRUE!!

I love where I am right now! Seriously I think I'm the luckiest girl EVER!!! I'm in a position to fulfill all my dreams, and well that is what I'm trying to do, even if it means I don't have a penny to my name!!

So on Sunday I had the most amazing experience to go with one of my converts to get her Patriarchal blessing, it was a sweet experience, although full of trials to get there!! We didn't really know how to get there, so we took the subway (I know my way around the subway a lot better than in busses) As we were getting on the subway I accidentally stepped on Monica's shoe, it immediately broke, no way to fix it or use it to walk!! I offered to just get a taxi so she wouldn't have to walk everywhere without a shoe, this city is pretty dirty. She refused to let me get a taxi so we went walking... 11 blocks!!! We got there everything was good, she received her blessing while I sat in the living room and chatted with the Patriarchs wife. Then the wife gave Monica a needle and some thread and Monica was able to sew her shoe enough to where she could use it to walk at least a little bit. Feeling much better we walked out of the Patriarchs house, and not even 2 steps outside the other shoe broke for no reason at all!!! So she had to walk with only one shoe AGAIN!! At least the second time wasn't my fault!! Then we ended up taking the wrong bus and having to take another one, then getting off at the wrong spot... after everything we finally made it home safely! But it was worth all the trials to see how happy and at peace she was when she came out from getting her blessing!! I can't wait because in a couple of weeks I'm going back to Uruguay, only this time with Monica and she is going to go to the temple for the first time! And yesterday they gave me the assignment to teach her the temple prep classes!! What a great privilege that is!!

So not only am I able to live my dream as a missionary to see my converts continue strong in the church (by the way Fernanda and Claudio who were just sealed gave FANTASTIC talks in church on the importance of temple work on Sunday!!) I'm also able to live my dreams of traveling, ever since I heard of Ushuaia, I have wanted to see it... I honestly can't remember how old I was, my mom says she thinks I was in 4th or 5th grade... whenever it was it has been a dream I've had for a LONG time!! It is also the southern most city in the world, one of my dreams/goals is to visit all 7 continents, I honestly don't have much desire to actually go to Antarctica, but being in the southern most city I feel will count... its as close as I can get to it without actually having to go to it!!!! I just bought my plane ticket, and I'm so happy! I'm going in about 3 1/2 weeks!! I don't really know people there, but one of my favorite mission comps will be there visiting families she knows, and has already told me I have a place to stay!! I'm so happy!!

Well i was just informed there are tortas fritas, I'm starving since I haven't eaten anything in a long time!! Chau all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment