Thursday, March 7, 2013

Skillet Lasagna



This is another Pinterest recipe, as most of my recipes are either from Pinterest or my favorite food blog All-Things-Delicious.  Now I don’t know about you, but I LOVE lasagna, really I haven’t met a pasta I didn’t like (well I’m not a huge fan of gnocchi, but that’s a different story). Anyways making a whole pan of lasagna is an ambitious task, so to save myself some time I decided to give this skillet lasagna recipe a try… I made a few tweaks to the original recipe (for example the original didn’t call for meat, but I like meat!!).

Skillet Lasagna:

1 ½ TBS. extra virgin olive oil
1 large onion chopped
1 cup of mushrooms (I did not put these in, I don’t like mushrooms)
2 garlic cloves, minced (I didn’t do this either, I hate using garlic cloves, I did use garlic powder though)
2 (14.5 oz) cans of Italian diced tomatoes, drained
¼ cup tomato sauce
3 basil leaves, chopped (I didn’t have any basil leaves so I omitted these as well)
¼ tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. sea salt (or regular salt works)
½ Cups skim ricotta cheese
½ Cups part skim mozzarella cheese
3 TBS Parmesan Cheese
About 6 ounces lasagna noodles, broken into thirds (or smaller) fully cooked
2 TBS parsley (dried or fresh)
1lbs browned ground beef (if you want).

Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.  Add onions and cook until softened, about 4 minutes.  Add garlic and mushrooms and cook until garlic is fragrant, about one minute.  Add in diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, basil, salt and pepper.  Cook mixture until it thickens up a bit, around 5 minutes.  Add in browned meat.  Add noodles to skillet and stir into the mixture well.  Add scoops of ricotta cheese over the noodles; add in mozzarella and Parmesan.  Stir in parsley.  Cook about 2 more minutes or until mixture is thick.  Serve immediately with additional basil or parsley.

I didn't get any pictures of this, but I think this was a very yummy meal, I enjoyed it for lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment