Thursday, March 7, 2013

Colorado Burritos



Ok so I have seen several different recipes for this on Pinterest and every time I see a photo I just want to eat one in that moment.  I finally worked up the courage to attempt this recipe and I have no idea why I waited so long! These were amazing! I may have eaten a burrito every day for lunch for a week straight (yeah they were that good!).
Not to mention they are super easy to make, and it is a crock pot freezer meal… I LOVE THESE!!

Colorado Beef Burritos:

2 lbs. stew beef
2 12oz cans of red enchilada sauce
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup beef stock
6 flour tortillas
2 cups of shredded cheese

So if you are planning on freezing this to make at some future moment follow these directions:
Label bag and add the stew beef, 1 can of enchilada sauce, onions, and beef stock.  Freeze until ready to cook.  Thaw slightly and place in slow cooker.  Cook on low for 6-8 hours until beef is tender.  Remove beef and shred (you can do this step in your kitchen aide if you have one, it makes life so much easier!!).  Divide beef between the flour tortillas, place in greased baking dish, top with other can of enchilada sauce and cheese and bake for 20-30 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.  Serve with salsa, guacamole, shredded lettuce and tomatoes.

I just ate the burritos without any additions… now next time I make them I’d like to try a Mexican rice recipe because I feel like that would be absolutely delicious!! Enjoy and be ready to share with someone, or else you might eat the whole pan because they are that good!!


I'm sorry this pic just doesn't do these burritos justice.  I'm not much of a photographer, but I need to start being better, because these burritos were AMAZING!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment