Monday, April 4, 2011

TANGO!!!



Ok so the first day of my last week here in Argentina was FANTASTIC!!! I went to caminito in La Boca here in Argentina, it is supposedly the oldest area of Argentina. I have wanted to go for a long time, but just never had the chance! Well today the sister missionaries got permission to go to caminito with me, so we went for their p-day!! It was so much more fun than I ever expected!! I wish I had gone early so I would have time to go more before going home!! There you can take pictures with Tango dancers, and there are a bunch of people just dancing tango, a lot of the restaurants have tango dancers and everything, it is really cool!!

Well I of course wanted a picture pretending I knew how to dance tango, it was a lot of fun, but really intense... pretty much full body contact in that dance!! I was a little uncomfortable!! Well after that we walked around and took a lot of pictures. My camera broke I'm not sure what happened, but now it won't turn on, it says there is a lens error!! I'm hoping it is just being tempermental, and will work tomorrow!!

Well we decided to get something to eat, and choose one of the restaurants that had tango shows. Well while we were eating I realized they would pick people out of the crowd randomly to dance tango... I thought it looked fun, but not for me!! Well we had finished eating and were waiting for the ticket, all of a sudden the guy came up and asked one of us to dance, or a picture or something! The hermanas were like oh well we can't!! So he looked at me and I said, well my camera broke so I can't take a picture, and he said well that can't stop you from dancing!! Well I didn't have much choice! So I got up and danced a song with him, it was really funny because I told him I couldn't dance, and he said he would teach me!! I was pretty embarrased because I have NO coordination!! But it was really fun!! I think I want to learn how to dance the tango now!! I'm addicted, all I have to do is find myself a really cute dance partner ;).

After all that excitement I went mission clothes shopping with Nico!! He leaves in a month!! I can't believe how fast time is passing!! Well I hope the rest of my week here in Argentina goes just as well as today went!!

Below are a few pics from caminito!!

1 comment:

  1. Do you know the story of the Tango? I'm not surprised AT ALL that it involves full body contact.

    ReplyDelete