Monday, March 7, 2011

USHUAIA!!!



Well to say Ushuaia was amazing, wonderful, best trip ever... would really be an understatement!!! I can't describe enough how much I LOVED Ushuaia!! I can't wait for the day that I can go back to Ushuaia!! It really was the best trip I have been on until now, and I have been on a lot of trips!! Ushuaia took over London on favorite place ever!!

It started out crazy and ended crazy! My plane left at 5am and like the ticket said I got to the airport 2 hours early, they told me I had to check my bag which I didn't want to do, and after I checked it I realized that I left my camera in my bag, and so I was afraid it would get stolen and I would never see it again. Then I went upstairs to go through security, and after giving Nicolas a hug and saying goodbye I went to go to security and the guy working there said hey its closed until 4:30am. I couldn't believe it and he just laughed, so I went back downstairs with Nico and he being a great friend waited with me until 4:30, when everything opened. I finally went back to my gate and waited to take my flight! The flight was pretty good until the very end, the last 30 minutes was spent flying through the worst turbulence i have ever experienced. Unfortunately the girl sitting next to me couldn't handle it and used her barf bag... it was oh so delightful!! Finally we landed, I got my suitcase back, and thankfully my camera was still there!!

So I walk out expecting to see my friend waiting for me... no one was there!! I waited for an hour, and finally decided to try and find her number, so I called the missionaries in Almagro, who gave me the missionaries number in Ushuaia, I called them and they called my friend for me!! So after waiting for two and a half hours in the airport my friend finally showed up!! So like I said it started off with a bang!! But all fun adventures!!

It would take too long to go into all the details of my trip, but some highlights are I finally got to see the penguins in South America, I've fulfilled my dream of going to the end of the world, I ate lamb cooked on a stake by the fire, did lots of hiking and saw some really beautiful landscapes!! Basically overall AMAZING!!!

So like I said it ended with a bang, my plane was supposed to leave at 10am... I overslept and woke up at 9am. I didn't think I would make it to the airport in time, but thankfully i made it and to my plane just in the nick of time!! Someone was really watching out for me!!

If you want to see my pics from Ushuaia just check out my facebook page... they are all up there!!

I suggest everyone go to Ushuaia sometime in their life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment