Wednesday, November 9, 2011

All I want to do is COOK!!

So I will admit it, I have become a MAJOR pinterest addict. I love going on there and reading all the funny things, looking at the pretty wedding ideas, and of course drooling over all the delicious looking meals, desserts, and other mouth watering foods!! I am OK being a pinterest addict because I don't just sit and stare at all the pretty things, I actually make quite a few of the stuff I see on there.
I have recently re discovered how much I really enjoy cooking. I have a hard time getting into it because sharing an apartment with 5 other girls the kitchen is always a disaster zone (I stay out of there as much as possible). Then when I'm home I don't really feel like the kitchen is mine, so I don't like to cook there either. I say this all the time, but I seriously can't WAIT until I can have my own place, I will be there soon, very soon! Hopefully by summer time I will be in my own apartment (I will probably have at least one roommate, but that is a lot nicer than 5!!). Lately I have been cooking for my roommates, because two of them had crockpots but had no idea how to use them... I LOVE using a crockpot, and the only one I have is a little bitty one that doesn't hold very much food. So my roommates said I could use their crockpots, so I started cooking for them as well! I have this problem I don't know how to cook for just one person, so I buy the food (we split the money later) and I cook it... I ask them to help with cleaning, cause well I'm not their wife, I won't do EVERYTHING for them. I started out making my normal meal, but with the help of pinterest and family members I have expanded my horizons!! There have been a few busts (in my opinion, my sweet roommates never said it was disgusting!).
Well this last weekend I went to my stake relief society's activity and there were several different workshops, one was a meal planning one. This sister showed us how to make 3 really easy meals (well actually 2 meals and one dessert!). The past few days I have been planning what I want to fix for this week for my roommates, and last night I went shopping. Well it struck me, all I want to do is cook. This morning all I was thinking was how much I want to experiment and make cookies, and cakes, and vegetable soup, and meals, and everything else... but I have no reason to make a lot of that stuff, I could make cookies, but I have no reason to so I would end up eating A LOT of them, which is not something I want to do (well maybe I WANT to, but I shouldn't :).
Then it hit me, I want to start a food blog! I probably won't start it right now, and if I do, it will start off really slow for a while. School is still number one for me right now, but in a little over a month I will be DONE with school, so I will have more time to devote to creating a food blog. Also I have the problem of not having my own kitchen, and well I don't have hardly ANYTHING I would need for my kitchen. This Christmas I'm probably only going to ask for kitchen stuff, right now I'm DYING to have a kitchen aide mixer!! I would also LOVE to have pampered chef pots and pans and skillets, food chopper, wooden spoons, casserole dishes, stones, and oh man I could go on for ages!! I'm wishing I could throw myself a party (similar to a bridal shower, without being a bride) and get all this stuff from people! Unfortunately we don't throw a big party for people graduating from college, we do for high school (which isn't a very hard thing to do). Anyways, maybe one day I will have a kitchen full of all the appliances I need!! But little by little I want to start a food blog, so if I'm living near you, and you want to try my delicious foods... maybe a little bribing will work :).
Anyways this is all just a little rambling, but no one reads this blog anyways :)

No comments:

Post a Comment